Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rocky 1977


After watching the Oscars a couple of days ago, I started thinking of all the movies that won Best Picture and my rankings of them. Although Lawrence Of Arabia and The Godfather are my favorite movies that have won Best Picture, Rocky holds a special place in my heart. It was the first Best Picture winner that I remembered. It came out at the end of 1976 and the won the award that year. There was some controversy that it won over great movies like All The President's Men and Network but I think it definitely deserved the award. It's a timeless classic that, in my opinion, no sports movie will ever top. I wish I had seen it in a theater but I did see all the other Rocky's on the big screen. This ad is from the 2/4/77 Kansas City Star.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

Oh yeah, Rocky would be up there on my all time favorite Oscar winners!