Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween 1978



I can't believe it's been 30 years since what I consider the best modern horror film came out. John Carpenter's Halloween set the standard for all the resulting slasher films that came out in the '80's and '90's. Unfortunately I never saw it at a theater, but I bet it was great at a place like the Empire, which was starting to become a little run down during its run there. And seeing it at a drive-in like the 63rd St. which was a little out of the way and surrounded by woods would have been a very creepy experience indeed. The ad is from the 10/25/78 Kansas City Star.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Wow, that is so awesome that you somehow got and posted the original Halloween movie ad. That was the first true commercial showing of the classic movie. I grew up in Merriam, Kansas and was curious which theaters it opened in. I was only 8 but I remember my friend at school whose Dad took him and he told me about the killer that wouldn't die. But he couldn't tell me much of the movie because he told me he would keep closing his eyes when things got intense. Ha.